Here are the basic claims in Noble’s thesis (you can read Coyne’s desperate rejoinders at the link)
1. Mutations are not random.
2. Acquired characteristics can be inherited.
3. The gene-centered view of evolution is wrong.
4. Evolution is not a gradual gene-by-gene process but is macromutational.
5. Scientists have not been able to create new species in the lab or greenhouse, and we haven’t seen speciation occurring in nature.
This is about what we have tending to here, but seldom has the issue been this directly poised…